Bringing It To The Table
Bringing It To The Table
Working with owners and designers that truly expect to receive the best benefits that CMAR and Design/Build project delivery have to offer. Experience with the successful completion of 11 alternative delivery projects in Texas is unparalleled in the water infrastructure industry.
Leveraging 30-plus years of construction management experience to increase profitability and expedite project delivery, with a primary focus on the integration/collaboration of owner, designer and constructor.
Stan Conley | Consultant
- Offering practical constructability options and solutions through collaboration with owner, designer and constructor staffs on all project delivery methods.
- Builds successful partnerships with owner and designer staff teams, both public and private, on project development, value engineering, constructability review, construction challenges and commissioning.
- Diversity of roles at former companies (Area Manager, Division Manager and Vice President of Operations) brings valuable insight into the Construction Management (CMAR) and Design/Build solutions-based project approaches.
- Experienced in every phase of traditional design/bid/build project delivery. Including business operations, marketing, client relations, risk management, claims mitigation, project management, scheduling, change management, safety and value analysis.
- $100 million in Texas municipal alternative delivery since 2007.
- $500 million Texas municipal traditional project delivery career.
- BS Civil Engineering.
- Texas Desalination Association.
- Galveston Bay Foundation.
- Collaboration with owner, designer and constructor to ensure an on time/under budget project delivery.
- Staff education/mentoring/guidance on CMAR and Design/Build practical applications and expectations.
- Project management support.
- Value analysis.
- Change order verification.
- Policy and procedure review and development.
- Addressing owner’s expectations regarding project budgets, scope, schedules and cost.
- Early engagement with designers, resulting in construction documents that minimize costly redesign.
- Constructability review.
- Schedule logic analysis.
- Claims mitigation and resolution.
- Marketing, proposal and presentation support.
His ability to mentor and communicate with the Owner’s staff during the entire project development, design phase through actual construction was the key to our rapid growth in this new CMAR market. Additionally, Stan’s affinity to work alongside and collaborate with our design disciplines across the nation to obtain the “best value” overall solution was well recognized. He was instrumental in developing our construction management at risk activities in Texas during his tenure at CDM Smith/CDM Constructors, Inc.
Domenic DiCenso, P.E. Vice President
CDM Smith Inc.
Stan’s active hands on style was instrumental in managing and addressing the City’s expectations, regarding actual construction budgets, schedules and costs. He successfully pushed early engagement with the City staff and outside designers to improve collaboration resulting in more construction friendly documents with minimized redesign. His affinity for mentoring the City, design and construction staffs in the practical use of CMAR was a benefit that resulted in a truly collaborative relationship for all members.
Jody Hooks, Public Works Manager
City of League City, TX
Stan was instrumental in educating our internal staff, as well as our clients on the real benefits of D/B and CMAR as it relates to municipal water and wastewater construction projects. He worked closely with our sales and marketing staff to develop a clear, persuasive message that we could customize for each project pursuit.
One of Stan’s inherent strengths is his ability to think outside of the box. He has the unique ability to approach a situation or challenge with a fresh perspective and is not mired down in doing things the way they have always been done. He is comfortable being tasked as the idea man taking the lead, but is just as content to function as part of a team without letting egos getting in the way of success.
Mari Garza-Bird P.E. CDM Smith Inc.
When CMAR was pitched to the City for our first project, we were interested but had few outside sources to rely on that had sufficient knowledge of the process. Stan’s knowledge of the CMAR process as well as his ability to present this material in an easy to understand manner was invaluable. His ease in mentoring the City (legal, procurement & operations), design and construction staffs in the practical use of CMAR was the difference maker for us. He won over the City staff and City Council during the many meetings, presentations and question & answer sessions. Stan’s knowledge of CMAR and his vast experience in construction in the Rio Grande Valley was instrumental in his firm being awarded the CMAR contract.
David Salinas, Public Utilities Director
City of Weslaco, TX
Stan has also been invaluable as he introduced and arranged working meetings with other construction and design firms that will prove to be potential CMAR partners as we move forward. His ability to work with diverse groups represented by Owners, Engineers & Contractors and bring them together is a testament to his collaborative nature